5 Things: Blues and Barbecue
The events and issues to keep in mind today.
- Take in live blues and barbecue at Sorrento Restaurant in Westfield. Dinner is BYOB and tickets cost $29.95. Dinner begins at 6 p.m., and the show runs from 7 to 9 p.m. For details, click here.
- The CHILD Organization presents a panel discussion titled, "Successfully Educating Pre-Schoolers With and Without Special Needs" at 7:15 p.m. at the Board of Education Building. The panel will include Thomas Beese, director of student serves, as well as pre-k educators, teachers and specialists. To learn more, click here.
- Moms looking for tips on balancing work and family life are invited to a panel discussion at 7:30 p.m. at Dancer's Pointe studio on South Avenue in Scotch Plains. The program costs $20, and includes light snacks and beverages, according to the event listing on Patch. Click here for more.
- Learn all about "ChiRunning" and "ChiWalking" at a free seminar hosted by DiLollo Chiropractic Center on Park Avenue in Scotch Plains. The exercises "combine running and walking with the principles and inner focus of Tai Chi, an ancient martial art," according to the event listing on Patch. For more information, click here.
- Learn about Sukkot, Judaism's fall harvest celebration, at the JCC of Central New Jersey's J-Connection program at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. For details, click here.