Small Electrical Fire in Scotch Plains Yesterday
A PSE&G pole caught fire yesterday, but was quickly extinguished, with repairs already completed.
It was confirmed this morning that an electrical fire at 2120 Lamberts Mill Road in Scotch Plains yesterday afternoon was caused by a primary wire making contact with a new PSE&G pole.
According to PSE&G Spokeswoman Annette Hicks, at about 3:00 p.m. yesterday, PSE&G received a report about the utility pole having caught fire.
The Scotch Plains Fire Department arrived on the scene first, keeping the surrounding area clear in case the wire came down.
A PSE&G crew responded about an hour later and found that the top of the pole had made contact with the pole conductors.
According to Hicks, the crew made the area safe at that time and completed the repairs to the pole this morning. PSE&G put an insulating sleeve on the wire and the problem was corrected.
There were no outages resulting from the incident, which she said may have been weather-related. The only reported damage was to the top of the pole.