The Borough of Fanwood: Life After the Storm
The Borough of Fanwood releases a post-storm update and a look at moving forward.
The following information was provided by the Borough of Fanwood.
While we endured power outages that lasted 12 days in some cases, we are fortunate in Fanwood that all our homes are still standing, though a number sustained damage caused by falling trees. There is still evidence of the many downed trees and wires around the Borough. Our Department of Public Works continues to clear brush, branches and leaves. Story and photos
What Do You Do Now?
- Apply for disaster assistance. Start the process here. FEMA has a disaster center at the Chisholm School Community Center on Springfield Avenue in Cranford where you may also apply in person.
- Call 211 for more info and help. Also download the Recovery Assistance Guide.
- Sign up for Fanwood Borough email alerts.Click here and fill out the form.
- Sign up for Fanwood Police email alerts. Go to the police website, right sidebar, and sign up.
- Sign up for Union County First Alert. Click here to sign up for this free service that sends text messages about Fanwood and any town you choose in Union County right to your cellphone.
- Visit the Borough website. We updatewww.fanwoodnj.org frequently. Coming soon: Friend us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter.
- Come to Tuesday's Borough Council Meeting. Hear a presentation on Fanwood's response to the storm by our emergency services, DPW and communications team.