Invite a friend
Department of Education at Cranford Library
The Cranford Library is hosting the NJ Department of Education. NJDE will have a display of information on the new Family and Community Relations Office and how it can help families navigate their respective school district. This event will take place today from 12 noon - 3 p.m.
Stop by their table to learn more about academic standards, assessment tests, school safety, children with special needs, home schooling, legal issues, student transportation, college and career readiness, how parents can get involved in their children’s education, and other aspects of the NJ education system. This information is for parents, teens, and children. All are welcome and no registration is required. For further information about the program, call the library at 908-709-7272 and ask for Fran Housten or visit http://families.nj.gov.
More About Cranford Public Library
The Cranford Public Library offers more than 150,000 items for use by the public. Items include books for adults, children and teens, an extensive large print collection, books-on-tape, books-on-CD, digital audiobooks, downloadable audiobooks, newspapers, magazines, DVDs, CDs, museum passes, e-book readers, online reference databases, book club kits, and more.
Internet access, including Wi-Fi access, are available. Services provided by the library include interlibrary loan, fax, notary public, photocopiers, postage stamps for sale at cost, and delivery to the homebound. Also available are two word processing computers, a typewriter, and a video magnifier for the visually impaired.
The library belongs to MURAL, a cooperative system that permits Cranford Public Library card holders to borrow directly from 41 public libraries in Union and Middlesex counties. Anyone who lives, works full-time, or attends school full-time in Cranford, is eligible for a Cranford Public Library card. Come and take advantage of your resources!
Other events here
- Readers' Forum Book Discussion: "A Hologram for the King" (2012) by Dave Eggers Today, May 20, 7:00 pm
- Need help with your Job Search? Join Neighbors helping Neighbors! Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Neighbors helping Neighbors - Job Search Support Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Books & Bagels Discussion Group April 6, 2013 / May 4, 2013 / June 1, 2013 / September 7, 2013 / October 5, 2013 / November 2, 2013 / December 7, 2013, 10:00 am
- Friends of the Cranford Public Library Used Book Sale Daily,