This month, the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Patch introduces a new regular feature: This Month at the Libraries. At the start of every month, Patch will offer a round-up of all the events taking place at the Scotch Plains Public Library and Fanwood Memorial Library. This first installment comes a little later than normal, but check out the video an overview of all the events and promotions taking place through the second half of September.
The Fanwood Memorial Library
- Ongoing through January: "The Picturing America" series, which includes 40 laminated prints, a five-part book series and a lawn party. Click here for the full story.
- Sept. 24-26: Annual book, music and movie festival. The library is accepting donations of books, books on CD, music CDs and DVDs Sept. 17-21. For the full announcement, click here.
The Scotch Plains Public Library
- Sept. 30: Antiques Road Show, featuring unofficial appraisals by Winterhill Antiques of Park Avenue.
- Ongoing: "Playaways," audio book MP3 players are available to borrow.
The Joint Library of Scotch Plains and Fanwood
- Free museum passes, to museums such as the Frick Collection, the American Museum of Natural History, and the Guggenheim, are available at JointLibrary.org. The libraries' digital archives, which include most Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School yearbooks from 1938 through 2000, local newspapers from the 1960s and other historical documents and images, are also available at JointLibrary.org.