- The Environmental Club delivers a presentation in honor of Arbor Day from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Carriage House Park in Fanwood, located across from the on Watson Road. Each attendee will receive a free tree and refreshments.
- Fanwood's Earth Day Clean-Up takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at locations around the borough. Adults and children are invited to become "pick-up partners" and clean litter from Fanwood parks and public areas. Each participant will receive work gloves, litter bags and a t-shirt. Volunteers are asked to register in advance by calling 908-322-7404, but walk-ins are also welcome. The event starts at the .
- Scotch Plains holds a dedication ceremony for its Sept. 11th memorial at 10 a.m. on Saturday outside the Municipal Building. The memorial will incorporate a 10-foot steel beam from the World Trade Center. .
- Scotch Plains, Fanwood and Westfield girls soccer players come together Saturday to host a "mega garage sale" in support of Central Jersey Stars, a soccer team largely comprised of players from the three towns. Funds raised will help defray costs for the team's upcoming trip to Brazil. The sale is scheduled to take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 241 E. Dudley Avenue in Westfield. The rain date is Sunday.
- Scotch Plains resident Theresa Flood hosts a Longaberger Pottery sale Friday from 10 to 11 a.m. The sale will take place at 2335 Lyde Place. For more information visit www.longaberger.com/theresaflood, call 908-616-2315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.