- The summer film festival continues Saturday at 11 a.m. with a screening of the 2011 Japanese film, "Departures."
- Safely dispose of chemicals, fireworks, ammunition, propane tanks, automobile tires, mercury thermostats and other hazardous household items at the on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Union County Peace Council holds its eighth annual Peace Arts Fair in Cranford on Sunday from 12 to 6 p.m. The event will feature local artists, poets, musicians and more.
- Six live raptors (the birds, not the dinosaurs) will visit the Westfield Memorial Library on Saturday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., part of a program for titled "Birds of Prey." Members of Middlesex Union Reciprocal Agreement Libraries, which include Scotch Plains and Fanwood, may register for the program. To sign-up, visit the library's website at www.wmlnj.org or call 908-789-4090, ext. 7951.
- The Sussex County Fair kicks off Friday and runs. The event, which runs through Aug. 14, includes rides, games, and more. .