- Take a break from cooking tonight, and head to the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Music Booster Association's pasta dinner, taking place from 5 to 8 p.m. in the high school's cafeteria, according to a flyer distributed by the group's publicist. Admission costs $6 per person, and families of three or more will be admitted for $5 each. The ticket price includes a pasta dinner, beverage and dessert, plus entertainment from the music department's choral groups. For more, click here.
- Learn about the ghosts that roam Central Jersey's historic sites and buildings during "an evening of spine-tingling surprises" with author Gordon Ward, hosted by the Scotch Plains Public Library. This free event starts at 7 p.m.
- Taste a variety of fruit and vegetable recipes that are quick and easy to prepare at "Food Day," a $5 program hosted by the Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Union County, according to the Patch events page. The program starts at 3 p.m. at the extension's Westfield location at 300 North Avenue. .
- Learn the ins and outs of "Navigating Medicare" at a free lecture presented by the State Health Insurance Assistance (SHIP) Program, taking place at 12 p.m. at the Springfield Public Library, accordion to the Patch events page. .
- The Scotch Plains Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Building courtroom, according to the township's website. The Scotch Plains Recreation Commission holds a caucus meeting in Room 202 of the Municipal Building at 7:30 p.m.