- The Scotch Plains Cultural Arts Committee's summer concert series continues with performances by the popular doo-wop group RB Express and children's musician Peter Michaels. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. on the Alan M. Augustine Village Green.
- At a loss over how to preserve all those vegetables from your home garden? Master canner Jenny Lichtenwalher leads a canning demonstration at 7 p.m. at the Fanwood Memorial Library, according to the Patch events page. .
- The Amateur Computer Group of New Jersey meets at 8 p.m. at the Scotch Plains Rescue Squad building to discuss repairing, refurbishing and recycling old computers. .
- Those interested in joining the JCC of Central New Jersey's swim team are invited to meet the coaches from 7 to 8 p.m. .
- The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders holds a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the Freeholders' Meeting Room, located in the county Administration Building at 10 Elizabethtown Plaza in Elizabeth. .