Now that Sandy has struck New Jersey, residents of Scotch Plains and Fanwood are now dealing with the aftermath of the storm.
Here's a look at what people are saying on Twitter:
- 6:21 p.m. Amy Bazarnik Boroff , @AmyBoroff: @mysillydoodle Flannerys ... Party at owners house, but getting dark and home. Have such limited service!
- 5:43 p.m. SweetSoaps.com®, @SweetSoaps: Neighbor behind me had tree fall on back of house. Hole in roof & chimney crushed
- 4:41 p.m. Jamie @mysillydoodle: which one? RT @AmyBoroff: Never too bad when the local bar owner has a party to get rid of burgers and throw a party!
- 4:14 p.m. Carolyn Ann Ryan, @CarolynAnnRyan: 3 yr old quote of the day: "Can we call Optimus Prime to come turn the power back on?" #sandy#NJ
- 3:49 p.m. JessGrant, @JesGrant: crews are clearing trees blocking Hetfield. Looks like it will be clear soon #SandyNJ
- 12:12 p.m. mattymcnj, @mattymcnj: My neighbors car at the Country Club Apts. Few other trees down but thankfully no floods like Irene.pic.twitter.com/TUQKIman
- 11:02 a.m. Daniel Ingram, @dingramdc: Huge downed tree in backyard. Luckily didn't hit anything! #Sandypic.twitter.com/1adnNtX9
- 9:18 a.m. SweetSoaps.com®, @SweetSoaps: water pressure very low full pots and tub with water
- 8:52 a.m. Amy Bazarnik Boroff, @AmyBoroff: cops going down South asking people to get off the road.. Starting to hear some generators!
- 8:49 a.m. Jamie, @mysillydoodle: aok here. A tree is down at the ped crossing at Trenton and s Martine. Blocking s Martine#sandyonpatch
- 8:46 a.m. Amy Bazarnik Boroff, @AmyBoroff: how's everyone doing this morning?
- 8 p.m. @CarolynAnnRyan: afraid to admit we have it, don't want to jinx it. Just blinked two minutes ago.
- 7:55 p.m. @AmyBoroff: I think the whole town is out of power!
- 7:54 p.m. @PittCaleb: just lost power here on Farley. Whole neighborhood down or just us?
- 7:50 p.m. SweetSoaps.com®, @SweetSoaps: power out here at 7 pm
- 7:46 p.m. Amy Bazarnik Boroff, @AmyBoroff: its official, Laurel Place has lost power!
- 6:44 p.m. Kel Bonnie via email: GETTING PRETTY SCARY NOW!
- 5:35 p.m. Stefannie, @SB51912: mine keeps going out then back on...hoping it can withstand it and stay on...
- 4:41 p.m. @russellhuegel: @spfpatch tree down in my yard, missed house but took out connecting wires to the house
- 4:40 p.m.@SweetSoaps: huge tree fell near me Shasta pass in fanwood now closed
- 4:36 p.m.@CarolynAnnRyan: still hanging in there. Winds definitely increasing and just keeping fingers crossed.
- 3:54 p.m.Susan Zitofsky, @SusanZ10: we just lost a section of our fence...the wind carried it to the sidewalk!
- Around 3:50 p.m.brett g porter, @bgporter: had one flicker. Hanging on for now.
- Around 3:50 p.m. Amy Bazarnik Boroff, @AmyBoroff Lights are flashing ... Power sure to go out soon @spfpatch@bgporter@sillydoodle@SweetSoaps@CarolynAnnRyan how are you guys?
- 12:51 p.m.Amy Bazarnik Boroff, @AmyBoroff: I just cleared the leaves from the curb... Meanwhile Flannery's in Fanwood is open for lunch, lol.
Tweet us at @spfpatch if you have anything to share.
Also keep in touch via this article and sumbit your photos of Hurricane Sandy!