Monday, Feb. 28:
- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School boys swim team Sunday, their first title in the program's history.
- The Board of Education . Notably, it waives the "activity fee" for extracurricular activities.
- held its over the weekend. Students took part in projects that focused on the environment and "going green."
- Teachers at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School have organized a 5k run in support of Diane McGovern, a teacher who was diagnosed with cancer in 2009. Called "United for a Cause," the race will be held April 16 at the .
Tuesday, March 1:
- The Raritan Valley Coalition met in Westfield to discuss the proposed . The project could potentially bring a midtown direct train to the Raritan Valley Line.
Wednesday, March 2:
- The Fanwood Mayor and Council discussed at their agenda meeting.
- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School boys basketball team with a 63-56 win over Iselin Kennedy.
- delivered a presentation on merging Scotch Plains and Fanwood at Brunner Elementary School. The organization, which is not affiliated with a political party, advocated reducing the number of municipalities in New Jersey without losing the individuality of each community.
Thursday, March 3:
- The boys basketball team . The team will move on in the Non-Public, North A tournament.
- The president of the New Jersey State Senate during a seminar for county municipal leaders.
Friday, March 4:
- Local elected officials from around Union County ideas during a summit meeting organized by the county government.
- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood girls basketball team , marking the end of the team's season.
Saturday, March 5:
- The Scotch Plains Wellness Challenge .