FROM THE OFFICES OF MAYOR COLLEEN MAHR AND
POLICE CHIEF RICHARD TRIGO
PSE&G IS MAKING PROGRESS TOWARDS RESTORING OUR POWER.
KEEP AWAY FROM ALL DOWNED WIRES! KEEP AWAY FROM CREWS CLEARING TREES AND WIRES!
PSE&G reports a mobile substation has been brought in to serve Fanwood’s power needs. That substation may be energized sometime today. However, this does not mean power will be restored to customers immediately. More work needs to be done to repair circuits, restore transformers, lines, etc.
AS WORK CONTINUES ON RESTORING POWER, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL CITIZENS STAY AWAY FROM DOWNED LINES. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM, TOUCH THEM, OR POSE FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AT THEM.
PSE&G reports almost 95,000 customers in Union County still without power. Many more have been restored. We will keep you informed of further progress reports.
Customers may call 800-436-PSEG for information or to report a downed wire.
UPDATES ON OTHER INFORMATION:
VOTING ON TUESDAY, NOV. 6
At this time, voting on Election Day will proceed at the usual places.
· Martine Avenue remains blocked at Paterson and MacLennan Place.
· LaGrande Avenue is blocked at 2nd Street.
· Fanwood DPW is in the southwest quadrant again today clearing streets near Martine Avenue.
DO NOT DRIVE OVER OR UNDER DOWNED WIRES! ALWAYS ASSUME DOWNED WIRES ARE LIVE!
· Fanwood Borough hall is open 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, today and tomorrow. No evening hours tonight. Call 908-322-8236.
· Public Works issues: 908-322-8236
· Non-emergency police and fire: 908-322-5000
· Municipal court is closed
· Keep all generators outdoors to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
· Keep streets clear of leaves and brush as much as possible.
· Avoid using candles for light.
· IN AN EMERGENCY, DIAL 911. For non-emergency questions for police and fire, call 908-322-5000.
CHARGING STATIONS FOR CELLPHONES OR DEVICES (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 40 minutes per person):
· Fanwood Memorial Library, North Avenue and Tillotson Road
· Fanwood Rescue Squad, 123 Watson Road
ALL RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO STAY OFF ROADS. PLEASE KEEP A SPECIAL EYE ON THE VERY OLD AND THE VERY YOUNG.
ALWAYS CALL 911 IN AN EMERGENCY
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something