The Fanwood council meeting scheduled for tonight has been canceled. The meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Fanwood Mayor Colleen Mahr and Police Chief Richard Trigo sent out the following winter storm warning this morning:
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for our area fromnoon today, Tuesday, January 21st, until 6:00 AM, Wednesday, Jan. 22nd. Snow could accumulate up to 10 inches by the time it ends overnight. Winds may gust up to 30 MPH causing frigid wind chills. Here's the latest information from the Borough of Fanwood:
- Fanwood-Scotch Plains public schools will be closing early today on a rolling schedule.
- Residents are urged to park off-street wherever possible to facilitate plowing.
- Residents are urged to stay off the roads unless driving is absolutely necessary.
- A reminder that it is illegal to drive with windshields obstructed by snow, or by failing to clear snow off vehicles that could blow off and obstruct another driver's view.
- In the event of a power outage or downed wires, call PSE&G's customer hotline, 800-436-PSEG. Never touch a downed wire.
- If you smell gas, or to report a gas leak, call Elizabethtown Gas, 800-492-4009.
- Please check up on elderly neighbors.
- To report potentially dangerous situations on a non-emergency basis, call Fanwood Police at 908-322-5000.
- The Fanwood Police Department, Fire Department and Rescue Squad are ready to respond to any emergency. In the event of a true emergency, call 911.
To stay in touch with us:
- Sign up here for email alerts
- Sign up here for text alerts
- Check www.fanwoodnj.org for information updates
- Tune to Fanwood/Scotch Plains information radio at 530 on the AM dial in the event of power outages or road closures. The broadcast is also streamed here.
Colleen Mahr, Mayor
Richard Trigo, Chief of Police