Want to know the latest news about the coming snow storm? Bookmark our one-stop hub of all our snow news including police advisories, school closings, road closures and more.
This letter was received from Fanwood Mayor Colleen Mahr and Fanwood Police Chief Richard Trigo.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning for our area until 1:00 PM today, Friday, Jan. 3rd. Snow ends later this morning but temperatures remain in the teens with wind chills at or below zero. Here's the latest information from the Borough of Fanwood:
- Fanwood Borough offices will open at 10:00 AM and may close early. Call 908-322-8236.
- Fanwood-Scotch Plains public schools will be closed today, January 3rd.
- Plowing has been underway all night and continues this morning. Main roads are open and side roads are passable. All residents are urged to park off-street wherever possible to facilitate plowing.
- All residents are still urged to stay off the roads unless driving is absolutely necessary.
- A reminder that it is illegal to drive with windshields obstructed by snow, or to drive with large amounts of snow on your vehicle that could blow off and obstruct someone else's view.
- In the event of a power outage or downed wires, call PSE&G's customer hotline, 800-436-PSEG. Never touch a downed wire.
- If you smell gas, or to report a gas leak, call Elizabethtown Gas, 800-492-4009.
- The Fanwood Police Department, Fire Department and Rescue Squad are ready to respond to any emergency. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
To stay in touch with us:
- Sign up here for email alerts
- Sign up here for text alerts
- Check www.fanwoodnj.org for information updates
- Tune to Fanwood/Scotch Plains information radio at 530 on the AM dial in the event of power outages or road closures. The broadcast is also streamed here.
As always, let's keep a special eye on the very old and the very young in our community and always DIAL 911 IN AN EMERGENCY.
Stay warm and stay safe!
Colleen Mahr, Mayor
Richard Trigo, Chief of Police