What could be better than chocolate bunnies, candy filled games and little ones running around in the sunshine?
This weekend, the Easter Bunny will make his annual stop in Scotch Plains and Fanwood to deliver games and goodies to local youngsters. Here is list of where to find local Easter egg hunts and celebrations.
- Forest Road Park Easter Egg Hunt:
- 10 a.m., Saturday, April 7 – Forest Road Park, Fanwood
- All children ages 10 and under are invited to meet the Easter Bunny and join in the hunt.
- Over a thousand eggs filled with all sorts of goodies including hundreds of prize tickets will be hidden around the park.
- Contests include: Guess the number of jellybeans, guess the number of chocolate eggs. Bring your own decorated egg or bunny drawing and win more prizes. For more information, visit www.fanwoodrecreation.org.
- Sanguiliano Garden Center Easter Egg Hunt:
- 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 7 - 2600 US-22, Scotch Plains
- An Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 7 and under will start at 12:15 p.m.
- Beginning at 10 a.m. children of all ages are invited to participate in face painting, crafts and cupcake decorating.
- o The event is free of charge, but donations will be accepted for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 8 – 1607 Shackamaxon Drive, Scotch Plains
- Events will include a visit from the Easter Bunny, an egg hunt and a “lavish brunch” prepared by the Shack’s culinary masters. Click the link to learn more.
- A portion of the proceeds from Easter at “Shack” will benefit the Education Enrichment Foundation of Scotch Plains-Fanwood, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that raises funds for the maintenance and enhancement of the area’s public schools.
- Tickets are $42 for adults, $20 for children ages 4-12, and children under three are the club’s guests. Reservations are required and may be booked by contacting Kathy Obropta at (908) 233-1300.