Park Middle School
The academic program at Park Middle School currently provides two distinctive instructional models across four grade levels. The fifth grade instructional program is primarily a self-contained environment with a strong emphasis on mathematics, language arts literacy, science and social studies.
The sixth, seventh and eighth grade instructional programs are structured on a team concept. The academic program in grade six consists of English, developmental reading, mathematics, science and social studies. In addition, students explore industrial technology, art, music, information technology and world language.
Students in grades seven and eight continue with world language and explore industrial technology and art. To further support and promote language arts literacy skills, students in grades seven and eight participate in a rigorous writing program in the information technology writing lab. In this program, students consistently focus on all genres of writing. Finally, in all grade levels students may elect to participate in the music program through band and/or chorus.
- Fax: 908-561-5929
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 796
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Middle States Association
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11.8
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 5 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: Computer club, homework club, newspaper club, yearbook club, jazz band, select choir, PALS leadership club, student council
- Sports teams: Softball, baseball, basketball, soccer, wrestling, track